Dr. David Tweedy
After 12 years of leadership experience in psychiatric and substance abuse facilities Dr. Tweedy launched his private practice in clinical psychology. The transition into professional coaching began through successfully working with executives, small business owners, entrepreneurs and individuals in pursuit of personal growth and greater achievement in their career and personal lives.He received post-graduate training in coaching and received his Certified Professional Coach (CPC) certificate from the College of Executive Coaching.
Dr. Tweedy’s coaching services include in-person and telephone sessions. Assessment instruments are used to identify objective areas of growth in emotional intelligence, personality type, leadership skills and much more.
Dr. Tweedy’s clinical psychology services specialize in men’s therapy, couples therapy, family therapy and individual therapy including senior adults. Dr. Tweedy also specializes in treating senior adults in hospitals, Skilled Nursing Facilities, Assisted Living or home.
San Diego State University: B.A.
Professional School of Psychological Studies: M.A.
United States International University, San Diego:M.A.
United States International University, San Diego: Ph.D.
PSY 16608 MFT 25908
Private Practice: Started private practice 1991
Director of Behavioral Health: Los Alamitos Regional Medical Center and Lakewood Medical Center (Horizon Healthcare Corporation). Inpatient Mental Health.
Director of Behavioral Health: Tri-City Medical Center
National Clinical Director: Focus Healthcare. Program development and management of dual diagnosis programs in across the nation.
Clinical/Program Director: Focus On Recovery. Chemical Dependency and Dual Diagnosis inpatient and Day Treatment programs.
American Psychological Association
San Diego Psychological Association
California Psychological Association
American College of Healthcare Executives
NAMI NORTH COASTAL
Carlsbad Hi-Noon Rotary
COMMITTEES and BOARDS
- I. CURRENT
- Tri-City Medical Center: Board of Directors (2004 to present) publicly elected
- San Diego Psychological Association Board of Directors: California Psychological Association Representative
- California Psychological Association: Board of Directors
- Community Health Improvement Partners: San Diego County Healthcare Association
- United Healthcare: Public Affairs Committee
- Rotary: Carlsbad Hi-Noon: Board of Directors, Community Service Director (Past)
- San Diego County Mental Health Advisory Board
- California Association of Local Mental Health Boards: Board of Directors
- California Healthcare Association: Mental Health Advisory Board:
- San Diego Mental Health Coalition: Past Secretary
- North County Collaborative for Mental Health (Founding Chair)
- KUSI: Cable Television (12/98) Discussion of procrastination
- KOCT: Cable Television “HEALTHCARE MATTERS”
- Fox News: Stigma of the Mentally Ill.
- THE MESSENGERS: Reality Show on The Learning Channel (TLC) Show Psychologist
San Diego Marathon 2002
Rock “N” Roll Marathon 2002
Rock “N” Roll Marathon 2003